Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wake Up Call

My dog jumped on my bed this morning which could only mean one thing - I need to go to San Francisco airport to get on my 17 hour plane flight to Vietnam today. The rest of my group already has or within the next few hours will be departing from their homes across the country and the world for our final destination in Ho Chi Minh City.  Nearly two days from now we will all be walking through Ho Chi Minh City like a Chinese tour group in New York (with hopefully fewer fanny pacs).  My suitcase looks like a mini pharmacy that only a hypochondriac Bear Grylls would cary, packed with anti-itch creams, mounds of Claritin, and high strength bug spray that doesn't seem too far removed from bear mace.  Hopefully the rest of my various aerosol cans and assorted tubs my mom gave me don't pick up too much attention going through international security.  Not too worried about my pounds of Cocaine.  So after I down a bowl of honey bunches of oats and 2% (yeah, that's right) milk, my ma and pa will shepherd me off to SFO International Airport at which point I'm hoping some combination of 4 books, 3 movies, and Advil PM take me the rest of the way.

More importantly than all of this, last night I realized I will miss the entire OKC-Miami NBA Finals, so Dodds, I request scores be posted to my blog as they happen with relevant stats for Derek Fisher, my boy Kevin, and more evidence that Chris Bosh is indeed a velociraptor (reasons for being/resembling a salamander also accepted).  For the rest of ya, hold down the fort while I take care of 'Nam.
Dreaming of Pho-ly,
Nick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pho

No comments:

Post a Comment