Thursday, June 14, 2012

Island Hoppin'

Hello Kitty as far as the eye could see
Touched down in Japan's Narita Airport about an hour ago and I'm feeling great!  Local time here is 3:30pm on June 14th, which is merely 11:30pm on June 13th back in Cali, so I'm not too tired yet.  Luckily United Airlines chose to play Disney's horrible new movie "John Carter", allowing me to fall into a deep and uninterrupted snooze for the two hour long movie.  As for meals, I was glad to see that United offered an "American" meal option in addition to the more popular Japanese noodle dish for dinner.  Unfortunately, United apparently believes this stereotypical "American" meal to be a dry Turkey sandwich, so I filled myself with soggy airplane noodles instead.  After stepping off the plane and walking through a duty free store full of everything hello kitty, I found a convenient Wi Fi station that allowed me to check Facebook and update my blog.
Despite Japan's strange fixation with adorable stuffed kittens, I was blown away by their unmatched bathroom technology.  Seriously.  Bidets in a public airport bathroom? The US definitely needs to hop on this bandwagon ASAP.  But there is only so much one can see in an airport, and I just realized my connecting flight to Ho Chi Minh City boards in 20 minutes and I still have no idea how to navigate this airport, so I should probably be on my merry way.  So long for now.
Never knew a toilet could have so many options.

No comments:

Post a Comment