Wednesday, June 6, 2012

7 more days...

7 more days until my adventure begins.Only an 11 hour plane to Tokyo Narita  Airport and another 6 hour flight to Ho Chi Minh City stand between me and my 8 week stay in Vietnam.  This summer I am lucky enough to be participating in Duke University's DukeEngage program.  DukeEngage sends Duke students on all expense paid community service trips around the world to places like London, Scotland, Cairo, Cape Town, or in my case, Vietnam.  Fully funded by the Gates Foundation, I will spend 2 weeks in the famous Ho Chi Minh City and 6 weeks living in Quang Tri province, located in the rural central region of Vietnam.  While in Quang Tri, my group of 11 Duke students and I will be teaching English to Vietnamese students as well as leading community building projects, but until we actually get to the site, we will not know the details of the project.  Until then, "I don't give a damn, I'm going to Vietnam!"

No comments:

Post a Comment